We’ve just dusted ourselves down after returning from London’s eCommerce Expo in Olympia’s cavernous halls. It was a good show, and whilst it had nowhere near the visual chic and aesthetic of Pure London, it was good to stay abreast of developments in ecommerce and online fashion.
What did we learn? Let’s jump straight in:
- Our own fashion management software is still market leading. Yes, there are a few more start-up stock control and wholesale systems coming out of Silicon Valley. The problem is, they aren’t fashion specific – they don’t do colours, sizes and styles. They also don’t offer bolt-on modules like our warehouse barcode scanner or mobile order taker for sales agents, to name but two i.LEVEL innovations. In short, we are in a good place, and we know there’s more coming from our outstanding development team in Bedford, with one or two announcements before Christmas to round the year off.
- There were some very clever pieces of tech that fashion brands might want to know about.
- Intelligent Reach: Used by Topshop, Burberry and Missguided to name but three, IR helps brand optimise their Google Product Feed & Listing Services. It’s not for the faint hearted or cheap, you need 1,000-2,000 SKUs or more to make it worthwhile, but it’s smart tech – put it this way, PrettyLittleThings.com saw Google Shopping orders increase 270% YoY. You can view an intro video here.
- Lokad: This French company optimises your inventory business decisions – how much stock you should buy and where you should allocate it – using AI to account for every demand pattern and every constraint that applies to your supply chain. It’s a clever forecasting tool that operates on a pay-as-you go basis. You can view an intro video here.
- BounceX: Used by Quiksilver, UNIQLO and Clarks shoes, this company uses cookie-less technology to identify 40%-70% of your website visitors and remembers them across every device and session. This allows you to introduce continuity to your buyer’s journey and unlocks ‘People-Based Marketing’ as a new revenue channel. It now accounts for 5% of Clarks total digital revenue. Here’s their website.
- B-Stock Solutions: This company is revolutionising how organisations approach their excess merchandise by creating a marketplace where brands and retailers can offload unwanted stock. Used by many UK brands and retailers, including John Lewis, this B2B-only solution is smart, automated and swift. You can view an intro video here.
- Tech developments in the ecommerce space are moving very fast. Blink and you’ll miss them. That’s why events like eCommerce Expo, Retail Recharged and the extraordinary FashMash community are worth the time to explore. If you’d like to meet us at any of them, as well as fashion shows such as Pure London or MODA, simply email us on or call 01234 761 757. We’d be delighted to tell you more.
Until next time…..