We’ve recently returned from this month’s Pure London – and what a cracking show it was! We can only agree with what Keely Stocker, the Editor of Drapers said about the event when she remarked, ‘Indies are keeping the high street alive‘.
We attended Sunday and Monday and found the show to be vibrant, busy and steady. Some stands were clearly doing better than others yet when we talked to the brand owners of busy stands the answer always came back the same: “We offer great designs at affordable prices”. In fact, affordability seemed to be the event’s catchphrase.
Here are some of our other key takeaways:
- Creativity in UK fashion is alive and prospering. The catwalk was strong and imaginative – certainly up a notch from when EMAP owned Pure. Also, this year the Pure Origin runway was launched where we were treated to block colours, new textures, and the vivid display of goth and punk trends which really set the show alight.
- Pure is no longer a one day visit. With Pure Origin, Conscious, Menswear and Bubble, the show is simply huge and fills almost the entirety of Olympia’s cavernous halls.
- There is still a high demand for in-store shopping experiences, despite the digital dressing room boom. Retailers are starting to suss out how to respond to customers needs by offering one to one consultations and in-store fashion expertise.
- Pantone colour of the year Living Coral was peppered throughout the stands. Incidentally, as the UK’s leading fashion software company, i.LEVEL lets you manage your garments by colour (as well as SKUs and styles), so merchandising your Living Coral collections is easier than you think!
- Personalisation continues its popularity and is a growing market. But how do brands make that sustainable? A pioneering automated system discussed at one of the seminars speeds up the personalisation process, providing new business opportunities for fashion brands. This is one trend to keep an eye on.
- We met many of our client brands – Religion, One Direction, B.Young, Goldkid London, Urban Bliss, Lady Vintage, Explosion London and others. We were pleased to see them all doing so well, and also happy to see that i.LEVEL is performing so well for them across their operations. Our Support team in Bedford also received high praise.
Lastly, a very big thank you to Pure London itself for making us feel so welcome across the both days that we were there. You know who you are – thank you.
If you missed us at the show but would like to receive a live demo of our fashion solutions (wholesale, stock control, concessions, mobile ordering, warehouse scanning, EPOS etc) we’d be pleased to meet up and demo them in person. Simply contact us on 01234 761 757 or email to arrange. Otherwise, see you at Pure in July!